The year 2018 has come to an end. The new year will bring about many marketing opportunities. I have identified several marketing trends to monitor in 2019. These marketing trends include a) the rise of Google My Business, b) an increased focus on retention, c) consumers’ trust in reputable content, d) more voice search usage and e) growing popularity in USPS Informed Delivery.
Here is a snapshot of each potential marketing trend to watch in 2019.
- The Rise of Google My Business. Google My Business is a platform to help businesses reach and engage with customers across Google Search and Maps. Businesses should complete Google My Business profiles and utilize the service. Using Google My Business can potentially help businesses with SEO (Search Engine Optimization). You can learn more about Google My Business by visiting https://www.google.com/business/.
- Increased focus on retention. It is becoming increasingly difficult acquire new customers. Retaining current customers and generating positive Word-of-Mouth buzz will help businesses gain and sustain competitive advantages.
- Consumers’ trust in reputable content. Consumers can overlook your magazine ads, skip through your commercials and avoid seeing your billboard ads. Consumers will trust the advice they get from family, friends and co-workers. Provide outstanding service and encourage customers to speak [positively] about interactions with your brand.
- More Voice Search Usage. Voice-based commerce sales in the United States surpassed $1.5 billion in 2017. Voice search sales are projected to reach $40 billion by 2022. Surfacing among traditional organic online search requests is becoming harder. Consider optimizing your website for voice search in 2019.
- Growing popularity in USPS Informed Delivery®. I must first admit that I work for USPS (United States Postal Service). I have not seen Informed Delivery® mentioned as a potential 2019 marketing trend in mainstream marketing publications. USPS Informed Delivery® allows organizations to connect their hardcopy mail and digital marketing strategies by providing users (aka direct mail recipients) with a preview of their mail before it arrives. I am seeing more marketers use USPS Informed Delivery® across financial, non-profit and retail sectors. You can learn more about USPS Informed Delivery by visiting https://www.uspsdelivers.com/creating-interactive-experiences-with-informeddelivery/.
I hope 2019 brings you good tidings! The marketing trends above are not meant to be comprehensive. The marketing topics above warrant attention going into 2019 based on growing interest and necessity. I hope you find this blog posting useful. Contact me if you have any questions, or comments.
Forbes.com – “5 Marketing Trends to Pay Attention To In 2019”
Entrepreneur.com – “10 Marketing Trends to Watch in 2019”
Duct Tape Marketing Podcast – “The Top Four Marketing Trends for 2019”