What is the future of marketing and/or marketing research?
How can marketers better navigate a ‘Red Ocean’? Find out at https://lnkd.in/g9sB5_54.
Former President Trump’s attempt to launch a social media platform, Truth Social, may provide clues about how to enter a ‘red ocean’ market.
Social media platforms create emerging-talent teams to help promote future online influencers. Click here to see my video for more information.
How is your organization leveraging influencers?
This is an interesting graph that I found thanks to @profseemagupta on Instagram.
Consistency and clarity are the two most important items; however, creativity helps.
Below is a good information graphic from @BenKamauDigital on Twitter illustrating how to find the best SEO keywords.
Here are a few digital marketing trends:
1) Keywords are important
2) Long keyword searches work
3) Mobile matters
4) Video tweets get more views
5) Instagram stories rock!
Visit blog.cktechconnect.com for a comprehensive list of digital marketing trends.
Somediafy posted a 2019 marketing trends review last year (see blog post titled, “2019 Marketing Trend Predictions”). Below is recap of Somediafy’s 2019 marketing trend predictions (with outcomes).
2019 Marketing Trends Review:
1. The Rise of Google My Business.
Google ‘My Business’ was important in 2019. It will become more important in 2020 as ‘near me’ searches continue to trend upward (Source: Podium.com).
2. Increased focus on retention.
Organizations that retained customers benefited (and will continue to benefit) from lower marketing costs.
3. Consumers’ trust in reputable content.
Consumers will continue seek and rely on reputable content.
4. More Voice Search Usage.
Twenty-percent (20%) of mobile queries are voice search (Source: Brafton.com). Voice search will continue to rise. See 2020 predictions below.
5. Growing popularity in USPS Informed Delivery®.
USPS Informed Delivery® had 15.5 million users in February 2019 (Source: Mailomg.com). USPS Informed Delivery® now has now has 21.6 million users (Source: USPS.com). USPS Informed Delivery® grew at a solid 39% growth rate.
Somediafy’s 2019 marketing trend predictions held up quite nicely. The year 2019 will soon be in the rear-view. Let’s now look forward to the year 2020.
2020 Marketing Trends Predictions:
The year 2020 will bring several trends to follow. These trends include (but are not limited too) a continued rise in voice search, increased business intelligence use and the rise of Tik Tok.
Here is a snapshot of potential marketing trends to watch in 2020.
1. Voice Search will continue to rise – The Wall Street Journal recently reported that voice devices (e.g., Echo Dot) were among leading 2019 holiday items purchased by consumers on Amazon. Increase voice search platform participation will ultimately lead to more voice search usage.
2. Organizations with abilities to aggregate data will gain competitive advantage(s) – Organizations with abilities to aggregate data across multiple sources will be able to better leverage business intelligence.
3. The Rise of Tik Tok – The social media platform Tik Tok is gaining traction at a steady clip. Tik Tok’s growth is expected to grow in 2020. The graph below depicts Tik Tok’s recent global internet traffic (Source: Alexa.com).
Tik Tok’s Global Internet Traffic:
The 2020 marketing trends above are not meant to be comprehensive. The marketing topics above warrant attention going into 2020 based on growing interest and necessity. Somediafy hopes you find this blog posting useful. Contact Somediafy if you have any questions, or comments.
eMarketer reported on some email performance measures. This data can serve as a baseline to compare your firm’s email marketing success versus overall industry standards.
The year 2018 has come to an end. The new year will bring about many marketing opportunities. I have identified several marketing trends to monitor in 2019. These marketing trends include a) the rise of Google My Business, b) an increased focus on retention, c) consumers’ trust in reputable content, d) more voice search usage and e) growing popularity in USPS Informed Delivery.
Here is a snapshot of each potential marketing trend to watch in 2019.
- The Rise of Google My Business. Google My Business is a platform to help businesses reach and engage with customers across Google Search and Maps. Businesses should complete Google My Business profiles and utilize the service. Using Google My Business can potentially help businesses with SEO (Search Engine Optimization). You can learn more about Google My Business by visiting https://www.google.com/business/.
- Increased focus on retention. It is becoming increasingly difficult acquire new customers. Retaining current customers and generating positive Word-of-Mouth buzz will help businesses gain and sustain competitive advantages.
- Consumers’ trust in reputable content. Consumers can overlook your magazine ads, skip through your commercials and avoid seeing your billboard ads. Consumers will trust the advice they get from family, friends and co-workers. Provide outstanding service and encourage customers to speak [positively] about interactions with your brand.
- More Voice Search Usage. Voice-based commerce sales in the United States surpassed $1.5 billion in 2017. Voice search sales are projected to reach $40 billion by 2022. Surfacing among traditional organic online search requests is becoming harder. Consider optimizing your website for voice search in 2019.
- Growing popularity in USPS Informed Delivery®. I must first admit that I work for USPS (United States Postal Service). I have not seen Informed Delivery® mentioned as a potential 2019 marketing trend in mainstream marketing publications. USPS Informed Delivery® allows organizations to connect their hardcopy mail and digital marketing strategies by providing users (aka direct mail recipients) with a preview of their mail before it arrives. I am seeing more marketers use USPS Informed Delivery® across financial, non-profit and retail sectors. You can learn more about USPS Informed Delivery by visiting https://www.uspsdelivers.com/creating-interactive-experiences-with-informeddelivery/.
I hope 2019 brings you good tidings! The marketing trends above are not meant to be comprehensive. The marketing topics above warrant attention going into 2019 based on growing interest and necessity. I hope you find this blog posting useful. Contact me if you have any questions, or comments.
Forbes.com – “5 Marketing Trends to Pay Attention To In 2019”
Entrepreneur.com – “10 Marketing Trends to Watch in 2019”
Duct Tape Marketing Podcast – “The Top Four Marketing Trends for 2019”